Home page Home page Home page Home page
Pixel
Pixel Header R1 C1 Pixel
Pixel Header R2 C1 Pixel
Pixel Header R3 C1 Pixel
Pixel
By Sprezz | Friday 9 April 2010 19:43 | 2 Comments
Working with 9.1.1 today I had occasion to use the global search and replace utility built into the Editor++. In this instance I was replacing one resource string with references to another. The search found six programs so I selected them all and told the editor to go ahead and do the replace.

Imagine my surprise to find that what actually happened was that the six programs were completely replaced with blank rows other than the line to be changed. This was definitely not the result I had wanted - especially as it also compiled the programs (at my request) thereby wiping out the existing object code.

Revelation are aware of the issue and hopefully it will be fixed in 9.2. In the meantime exercise extreme caution if using this utility.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

Previous Posts
Archives
BlogRoll

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

 

 

Pixel
Pixel Footer R1 C1 Pixel
Pixel
Pixel
Pixel